How do we make a difference?
Our libraries are important to us because they promote learning and provide resources to all. We have committed to the long-term success of our library system by the engaging in the following activities:
- Seek funds through grants and other foundations.
- Invest funds into our library of the future.
- Host programs for community enrichment.
- Solicit individual and corporate gifts, contributions and sponsorships.
Your Gifts at Work
- In February 2019, the BCLS Foundation was the recipient of a $7,500 grant from the Literacy Access Fund, made possible through partnership funding from Republic Bank. From left, Ranjna Das (Director, BCLS), Pedro Figeroa and Leslie DiLuigi (Republic Bank), Jessica Siragusa (BCLSF), and Nicholas “Duke” Doblick (Literacy Access Fund).
- In 2018 we have committed for STEM-based classroom kits to help teachers access resources. Teachers can checkout these theme-based kits to use in their classroom.
- In 2016 and 2017 we secured grants to help purchase special Early Learning Computers at Crosswicks and Beverly libraries. These specialized computers provide applications that help kids learn and practice basic learning and literacy skills in a fun environment.